Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Oklahoma City to Carthage Missouri

Today was a much easier day of driving !!! Although the wind still blew at 18 mph - it was mostly behind us ....We drove the 44 Will Rogers Turnpike and it was $9 in Tolls which wasn't too bad and the up side was that gas was $2.05 :)  

I don't think I mentioned in Yesterdays post that we were directly on the Flight Path for Tinker AFB (Air Force Base)   I swear the planes were aiming for us !!!

Well fortunately they stopped flying around 7 p.m.  Phil went to bed at 9 but 3 more flew over at 10 p.m. and I was sure he would boldt straight up ...but they didn't wake him but my snoring does apparently ??????


Hahahaha We partied all night !!!!
 
We crossed into Missouri today and are at a lovely Campground owned by the RV Sales and Services across the road ...but they have done it very nicely...However, a very nice man came around this afternoon to let us know that bad weather was coming !!!!!  And if there were any "FUNNEL" CLOUDS!!! he would be around blowing a horn ...loud enough to wake us all !!! and then he would be back to pick Phil and I up - one at a time - to take us to a shelter !!!!!!!!  I think I will sleep fully dressed 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
 
 
 
Our Home for the night ...Hopefully we wont be in Kansas in the morning !!!
 
 
On to Branson in the morning ....we are so excited about seeing some shows !!
 
Until tomorrow - Happy Trails!!


No comments:

Post a Comment